Website Volvo Business Services AB
WHO ARE WE?
We at Volvo Group are constantly moving and changing to be one step ahead in the technology journey. Within Volvo Group Trucks Technology, we are always adapting and pushing ourselves to be able to develop new breakthrough transport solutions. We strive to be more energy efficient, more sustainable and safer for society. Our organization is built by engaged people and teamwork. We are a truly global company, and we believe in the advantage of diversity. Together we create a workplace that brings the best out of everyone and this is where you fit right in.
Are you passionate for changes and innovations and want to be part of a paradigm shift in the development of transport and mobility solutions?
Now you have the possibility to join a stimulating and dynamic global work environment in an energetic professional agile team with strong teamwork.
Do you think it sounds interesting? Then this Function Developer position could be the job for you!
WHAT CHALLENGE DO WE OFFER?
Within the technology stream Vehicle Motion and Thermal Management, we develop system solutions and functionalities in the area of Vehicle safety, Dynamics, Thermal and Motion management.
The motion management with its control system needs to meet the future challenges with battery electric vehicles and fuel cell vehicles, including vehicle automation.
This position is within the vehicle motion management team called Motion Estimator.
Main responsibilities of the Motion Estimator team:
- Vehicle Motion Estimation (long. Velocity, lateral velocity, yaw rate and accelerations).
- Trailer motion estimation – similar states as for the tractor, but to be estimated with reduced sensor set
- In-house vehicle state and parameter estimation (and prediction) SW in the Vehicle Motion Management domain.
As a function developer you will participate in the areas, including (but not limited) to:
- SW development within our Continuous Integration framework, delivering SW updates to production vehicles
- Algorithm design and proof of concept investigations for new motion estimation and motion prediction functionality (for both manually driven and highly automated vehicles).
- Vehicle testing
- Specification and evaluation of new motion sensor technology as well as new sensor fusion techniques
- Vehicle instrumentation and testing
WHO ARE YOU?
We believe that you have a genuine interest in vehicle dynamics and estimation methods.
You have a good understanding of software development and the related environment. We believe you are creative and have the mindset to constantly learn and improve to have the best solutions for our customers. You have the ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw conclusions.
As a person, you are a team player with a positive mindset and you are curious about the various challenges of application development. Have the willingness to effectively build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization is important for the position.
Being resilient is a key; meaning able to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
You are eager to take ownership of own area and deliveries and thereby take accountability.
- M.Sc. degree in Vehicle Dynamics, Control systems, Mechatronics, Robotics or similar
- Experience with estimation/sensor fusion methods
- Experience in vehicle dynamics theory (or rigid body dynamics) ideally including some knowledge/experience with tyre modelling (Magic formula/brush model/etc)
- Experience in advanced control systems
- Knowledge in one or more of the following; Matlab / Simulink, C, C++, Python
- Understanding of Application SW development and the related environment.
- Knowledge in version control tools (git)
- Knowledge of Automotive CAN protocol
- B driver license (C or CE driver license is meritorious)
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Problem solving – Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Our values are Trust, Passion, Change, Performance and Customer Success. If they light your inner fire, you might be the right person for our great team!
In case you have any questions, feel free to contact Nicolas Andersson, Group Manager, Vehicle Motion Control- email@example.com
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site: www.volvogroup.com/career
To apply for this job please visit arbetsformedlingen.se.