Website Volvo Business Services AB
Certification and Compliance Engineers
Group Trucks Technology
Sustainable transports, a futuristic scenario? It is already happening! Our mission is to make transport industry sustainable and safe – Do you want to be with us on the journey forward? Do you find energy in bringing structure and alignment whilst managing complex topics? Are you also a person who are eager to learn, develop and grow your talents? Perhaps you even share our passion for heavy trucks? Then you might be the star we are looking for!
We are now, to our team in Sweden, recruiting several certification and compliance engineers, seniors as well as juniors to our Complete Vehicle certification and compliance department. The position offers a stimulating and dynamic work environment, with a high amount of interaction with colleagues throughout the Volvo Group, external partners, and authorities on a global level.
About Vehicle Certification & Compliance
Vehicle Certification & Compliance is part of Complete Vehicle (CV) Organization within Group Trucks Technology (GTT). At Complete Vehicle, we manage areas from product design & feature development, verification and validation, certification, aftermarket, customer quality services.
The Vehicle Certification and Compliance teams covers EU/UNECE regulations and over 50 requirement areas and acts as a bridge between design engineer, manufacturing, and sales
The certification and compliance dept in GOT consists of two teams:
- Vehicle Certification team
- Vehicle Compliance team
We are now looking for engineers to both teams
The certification and compliance process spans across Volvo Group and gives great opportunities to meet and interact with colleagues world-wide. Our team plays an important role in securing that our products meet intended performance and feature readiness – contributing to the success and productivity for our customers!
The Certification and Compliance team in GOT are responsible to deliver and maintain Type Approval certificates for our FH, FM, FMX products, as well as the common platform systems developed in Gothenburg.
As a member of Certification team, you will get responsibility of several certification areas. You will be involved in many projects as certification scope covers the complete vehicle including;
- Manage contacts and negotiations with authorities and technical services
- Develop, plan and manage the certification activity plan to ensure that type approval (vehicle, systems and components) is completed according to plan.
- Validate the consistency between the Certification/Information document and the legal data in Volvo system.
- Interpret regulations and legal requirements to support the breakdown to technical requirements
- Prepare and submit the certification information document to authorities.
- Participate in tests
In the compliance team we are responsible for having an updated view of compliance status for the products, our main deliverables are.
- Secure compliance statement
- Give compliance statement report based on COP
- Recommendations for actions needed to ensure compliance
- Communication with authorities regarding compliance
- Handle and monitor Market surveillance activities
- Coordinate and develop way of working for compliance including IT- tools for checking compliance
Who are you?
We believe you are a professional with genuine interest in compliance & technology. We believe that you are well-organized and know the importance of delivery precision. As a person, you are curious, positive and possess a strong problem-solving mindset. Being a team-player is important to us, and we also expect excellent communication skills. We are certain you also feel comfortable in hosting meetings with both internal colleagues as well as with external authorities. In the dialogues with external parties, we expect you to be able to build lasting relationships where you can build relevant arguments, as well as negotiate when needed.
What we can offer
We offer a position within an innovative and inspiring environment, in a diverse team with highly skilled engineers. In this position you will get the opportunity to develop both your personal and professional skills. Our domain is dynamic and with the intensified sustainability-, and safety requirements from governments, authorities, and ourselves – you will get a chance to be in the forefront of product development.
We are prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce, and we see this as a advantage. We believe that it is the people in the team and our ability to cooperate that makes all the difference.
Are our interests matching? We believe you have the following knowledge/experience:
- A Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- Truck-, and/or vehicle product knowledge
- Previous experience from working with compliance, certification, legal or regulatory domains.
- Ability to bring structure in complex tasks
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Software development or IT-security experience is a merit
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, then please do not hesitate to send us your application!
For further information contact:
Sertac Yavuz, Group Manager, Vehicle Certification +46 73 902 51 42
Maria Bergström, Group Manager, Vehicle Compliance +46 31 322 49 92
Latest application date 2023-06-17
We look forward to receiving your application!
To apply for this job please visit arbetsformedlingen.se.